Do you know these facts about Croatia? Although a small country, Croatia hides many interesting things. Did you know that Croats immigrated to the Adriatic coast around the seventh century and settled on the ruins of the Roman Empire? Also, in 1906, the Croatian Slavoljub Penkala invented a mechanical pencil, called the Penkala. The patent is registered in 35 countries, and his company TOZ Penkala is still operating in Zagreb. One fact will be extremely interesting for tourists – Croatia enjoys 2,715 hours of sunshine a year. That’s more than in Sydney, Australia. Okay, this is enough to start with, and now let’s go to the quiz!
Take our quiz and test your knowledge about Croatia! Good luck![os-widget path=”/i-love-croatia/quiz-do-you-know-these-facts-about-croatia”]
Do you know these facts about Croatia?
- The oldest Croatian text dates from 1100 AD and is called the Baška tablet (Bašćanska ploča). It is one of the first monuments containing an inscription in the Croatian recension of the Church Slavonic language. The name of Croatia and King Zvonimir are mentioned on the tablet for the first time in the Croatian language.
- The last specimen of the Mediterranean monk seal lives in the Croatian waters.
- Croatian Faust Vrančić is the inventor of the first wind turbine.
- The town of Colonia Aurelia Cibalae or the town of Vinkovci today, through its rich history of 8,300 years, played a significant role during Rome, and it is an incredible fact that the only Roman emperors in today’s Croatia were born in Vinkovci.
- Croatia declared independence in 1991. That is when the Homeland War with Serbia began.
Other similar quizzes
I hope you enjoyed reading the article “Quiz: Do you know these facts about Croatia”. Discover the most beautiful and interesting sights. Find, compare, and book sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do, and fun activities.