How much do you know about Zagreb? Did you know that the Zagreb funicular, which connects Donji grad with Gornji from Tomićeva Street, is the shortest railway in the world intended for public transport? Its track is only 66 meters long, and the ride from bottom to the top takes 64 seconds. Or maybe, that Zagreb still doesn’t have a million inhabitants. Okay, this is enough to start with, and now let’s go to the quiz!
Some facts – How much do you know about Zagreb?
- The people of Zagreb have been enjoying beer since the 14th century. It was first produced by fellow citizens of German descent. The first beer was drunk in today’s Basaričekova Street in Gornji Grad. At that time, the street was called Pivarska Street. The first real brewery opened in 1879.
- The shortest street in Zagreb is Novodvorska Street. Only twenty-two steps are enough to cross this street along its entire length. This street is located in Zagreb’s Trešnjevka district and consists of two houses and one building with street numbers 2, 3, and 5.
- If you want to meet someone in the center of Zagreb, which place do you choose for that meeting? Certainly like most Zagreb citizens and their guests – Ban Josip Jelačić Square, under the clock. All city clocks are repaired and maintained by the watchmaker Lebarović from Maksimir, which includes as many as six generations of masters. The first city clocks were imported from Austria.
Other similar quizzes
- Quiz: How well do you know the Croatian cities?
- Quiz: Do you know these facts about Croatia?
- Quiz: How well do you know the Croatian national parks and nature parks?
I hope you enjoyed reading the article “Quiz: How much do you know about Zagreb?”. Discover the most beautiful and interesting sights. Find, compare, and book sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do, and fun activities.