- MAIN INFORMATION
- At least seven people killed
- Petrinja and Sisak today – empty streets, eerie silence and ruins
- Aerial drone shot – Petrinja 30.12.2020. Deadly earthquake leaves Croatia in ruins
- Shock EARTH-SPLIT from the epicenter of the earthquake
- Church in Croatia after the devastating earthquake
- Boy pulled alive from rubble
- LIVE UPDATE
- 31/12 11:30 A plane with 19 tons of humanitarian aid from Greece landed in Zagreb
- 31/12 11:22 A convoy of aid arrives from Austria
- 22:24 Lidl and Kaufland together donate 15 million, Hrvatska pošta one million kuna
- 21:00 250+ earthquakes of magnitude above 2 Richter were recorded in last 24 hours
- 20:15 Damage in the Majur municipality
- 19:10 Fuchs: Most schools will have to be rebuilt
- 19:00 Red Cross Glina – We have everything we need
- 16:56 The Krško nuclear power plant will start operating at 22:00
- 16.20 Valamar offers free accommodation for people whose houses have been destroyed
- 16:13 30 caravans are coming from Istria
- 14:50 Croatian Red Cross today in Petrinja
- 14:38 Earthquake near Zagreb released as much energy as about 4 nuclear bombs
- 14:35 Serbia and Albania are helping Croatia
- 13:57 SHAKEMOVIE Animation of the earthquake that hit Croatia yesterday
- 13:36 Official account for donations opened
- 12:30 Croatia declares Jan 2 Day of Mourning
- 12:00 Pope Francis about the earthquake
- 11:30 56th felt #earthquake in Croatia in the last 53 hours
- 11:16 Help from Slovenia, Austria, Italy, Greece, Romania
- 8:36 Covid patients from Sisak and Petrinja arrived at the Dubrava Clinical Center
- HOW TO HELP – Instructions for donations and assistance
At least seven people killed
A deadly earthquake leaves Croatia in ruins. At least seven people were killed. That is a number that has been confirmed, and it is not excluded that more victims will be discovered later. Among the dead are a 12-year-old girl in Petrinja, a 20-year-old boy from one house, a grandfather from another, and a father and son from the same house in Majske Poljane near Glina. It was later confirmed that another male person had died in Majske Poljane.
The Moment of the Earthquake:
Petrinja and Sisak today – empty streets, eerie silence and ruins
The day after the earthquake, Petrinja looks like a ghost town, as the scene of a post-apocalyptic film. There is almost no one on the streets, the population has been evacuated, and the only place where there is any life is the Red Cross checkpoints, where basic necessities are distributed to people. Excavators and other heavy machinery can be seen on the roads.
Aerial drone shot – Petrinja 30.12.2020. Deadly earthquake leaves Croatia in ruins
Shock EARTH-SPLIT from the epicenter of the earthquake
Church in Croatia after the devastating earthquake
Boy pulled alive from rubble
31/12 11:30 A plane with 19 tons of humanitarian aid from Greece landed in Zagreb
It is about 19 tons of equipment, which mainly consists of tents and heaters. The Ambassador of the Hellenic Republic to the Republic of Croatia, Ms. Antonia Katzourou, expressed her condolences to Croatia during these difficult times. Also, she said that Greece from the first moment was ready to help and donate to Croatia to help people in this difficult situation.
31/12 11:22 A convoy of aid arrives from Austria
A convoy of mobile homes is just arriving in Croatia to accommodate those who have been left homeless.
22:24 Lidl and Kaufland together donate 15 million, Hrvatska pošta one million kuna
21:00 250+ earthquakes of magnitude above 2 Richter were recorded in last 24 hours
Earthquakes less intensity didn’t stop all day today. “After yesterday’s earthquake of magnitude 6.3, subsequent earthquakes will last for months. We can’t talk about calming down. We certainly expect them in a year or two.” said Seismologist Ivančić. After yesterday’s earthquake, as many as 250 earthquakes of magnitude above 2 Richter were recorded.
Source: https://vijesti.hrt.hr/695288/ivancic-naknadni-potresi-trajat-ce-jos-mjesecima (30.12.2020.)
20:15 Damage in the Majur municipality
Municipality Majur with villages Graboštani, Mračaj, Knezovljani, Kukuruzari and Umetići been hit hard by the earthquake. Residents repair the damage themselves because they have not yet received help. The church of St. Ivo in Mračaj was demolished.
19:10 Fuchs: Most schools will have to be rebuilt
Out of a total of 53 schools in the County (37 primary, 13 secondary and three music), attended by a total of 14,705 students and 21 kindergartens attended by 3,489 children, due to the earthquake new construction requires five, nine are significantly damaged, and thirteen schools can be used with repairs. Funds for school reconstruction will be withdrawn from the European Solidarity Fund, said Minister of Science and Education, Radovan Fuchs.
Source: https://vijesti.hrt.hr/695270/fuchs-dobar-dio-skola-morat-ce-se-izgraditi-nanovo (30.12.2020.)
19:00 Red Cross Glina – We have everything we need
“Around 70 people are accommodated in the hangars and we still have free capacities. Since we opened the Red Cross center and got the hangars, I can say that yesterday we filled two hangars, and today they are four full, with one being emptied and then filled again. Congratulations to everyone who came from all over Croatia. They help, unload things from the van, etc.” said Alberta Cesarić from the Croatian Red Cross.
16:56 The Krško nuclear power plant will start operating at 22:00
The Krško nuclear power plant did not suffer any damage due to the earthquake. The reopening will be on Wednesday evening, at 10 pm, the Krško NPP reported. After yesterday’s earthquake, the Krško Nuclear Power Plant was shut down according to the usual procedure in case of major natural disasters.
16.20 Valamar offers free accommodation for people whose houses have been destroyed
The largest Croatian tourist company Valamar Riviera opened the doors of its facilities and offered accommodation to families from Sisak, Glina, Petrinja, and surrounding places whose homes were destroyed in yesterday’s devastating earthquake. Available are Istra Premium Camping Resort in Funtana near Poreč, Ježevac Premium Camping Resort on the island of Krk, and Hotel Valamar Sanfior in Rabac. Accommodation in camping resorts, in fully equipped camping houses, is available from today, December 30, and in the hotel Sanfior from tomorrow, December 31.
All those who need accommodation can call 052/465 000 or e-mail [email protected]
16:13 30 caravans are coming from Istria
A valuable donation in the form of more than thirty caravans and campers coming from Poreč to Sisak-Moslavina County after an appeal arrived from Petrinja, Sisak, Glina and other places that people and small children spent the night outdoors and that they needed a camp. cottages.
14:50 Croatian Red Cross today in Petrinja
14:38 Earthquake near Zagreb released as much energy as about 4 nuclear bombs
14:35 Serbia and Albania are helping Croatia
Albania will donate 250,000 euros to Croatia for reconstruction after the earthquake, said Edi Rama, the country’s prime minister, who was the victim of the earthquake last year. The President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, sent a letter to the Government of Serbia in which he asked that one million euros from free funds be transferred to the Government of Croatia as aid due to a series of earthquakes, reports Telegraf.
13:57 SHAKEMOVIE Animation of the earthquake that hit Croatia yesterday
The blue color indicates downward ground movements, while the red color indicates upward ground movements.
13:36 Official account for donations opened
ACCOUNT NUMBER: HR12 1001 0051 8630 0016 0
BANK: Croatian National Brank, Trg hrvatskih velikana 3, Zagreb 10 000, Croatia
For payments from abroad BIC (SWIFT) code: NBHRHR2XXXX
BENEFICIARY: Republic of Croatia – Ministry of Finance, Katanciceva 5, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
REMITTANCE INFO – REMARKS: Earthquakes aid
The government on Wednesday declared a state of mourning on January 2, 2021. Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic said 120 million kunas (around 15 million euros) of emergency aid would be sent to the most affected areas.
12:00 Pope Francis about the earthquake
11:30 56th felt #earthquake in Croatia in the last 53 hours
11:16 Help from Slovenia, Austria, Italy, Greece, Romania
After the Republic of Croatia on 29.12.2020. activated the EU Civil Protection Mechanism – the Union’s emergency program – and requested winter tents for 6 to 8 people, luminaires with PVC protection (indoor), light bulbs/lighting towers, electric heaters, folding beds, sleeping bags and containers for housing, the first ambulance arrived on the same day from the Republic of Slovenia. These are 4 containers, 12 bunk beds with 24 mattresses, and 200 sleeping bags. In addition to Slovenia, other countries responded to the Croatian request for help:
- Austria: 470 folding beds,
- Italy: 100 winter tents.
- Greece: 40 tents, 50 electric heaters, 500 folding beds, and 500 sleeping bags.
- Romania: 50 tents, 100 folding beds, 200 sleeping bags, and 14 housing containers.
- Sweden: 60 tents and 2000 folding beds,
- Czech Republic: 2 lamps with protection, 1 balloon/lighting tower, 10 electric heaters, 600 folding beds, and 1200 sleeping bags.
Source: https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/video-obilazimo-potresom-pogodjena-sela/2242716.aspx (30.12.2020.)
8:36 Covid patients from Sisak and Petrinja arrived at the Dubrava Clinical Center
During the day and night, 54 patients arrived from Sisak and Petrinja, of which 8 were on a respirator. Most of the seriously ill were transferred by ambulance, and the other part was transferred by helicopters.
HOW TO HELP – Instructions for donations and assistance
You can donate cash for the people affected by the earthquake in Petrinja and Sisak via following account:
Bank: Privredna banka Zagreb d.d.
Model: HR 00
Call number: 770
For payments from abroad – SWIFT CODE: PBZGHR2X
Legal persons can contact Croatian Red Cross via email: [email protected]
Citizens can contact their nearest RC local branch. The nearest RC local branches list can be found on the homepage in a section called “Adresar”. Your county needs to be selected beforehand.
- Flour – type 550 (glatko) 1kg
- Oil – Vegetable or sunflower 1lit
- Rice 1kg
- Sugar 1kg
- Salt – Table, ground 1kg
- Pasta – Macaroni or spaghetti
- Soup – In a bag
- Fish – Canned
- Meat – Canned
- Sweet spread – Marmalade, chocolate, etc.
- Milk – Long-lasting 1lit
- Bread – Toast and similar
- Water – Packaging: 0,5, 1, 1,5, 5 lit
- Fruit – Dried
- Nuts – Walnut, almond, hazelnut, and similar
- Soap – For hands
- Shampoo – For hair
- Razor – Disposable
- Tissues – Dry
- Wipes – Wet
- Toilet paper – In rolls
- Hygienic pads
INDIVIDUAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Medical mask
- Protective suit
- Glasses or eye protection
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (antiseptic, antibacterial)
- Alcohol-based wipes
- Disinfectants for cleaning
1. https://www.hck.hr/novosti/how-to-help-for-english-speakers/10652?fbclid=IwAR26PWTlttXTvf83fZkgURPpcF1QiZ45Oz-MUzNm8AMeTRMU4ZSW7fkA7z8 (30.12.2020.)
2. https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/video-u-majske-poljane-stigli-kontejneri-uskoro-dolaze-kampkucice-iz-istre/2242716.aspx (30.12.2020.)
3. https://www.24sata.hr/news/jos-jedan-potres-kod-petrinje-736907 (30.12.2020.)